Level 2 Fitness Instructor Certificate
The Level 2 is the industry minimum to be able to work in most leisure centres. The Level 2 course ensures that you understand the health and safety with regards to a gym environment and the laws and procedures to follow including the importance of Data Protection. You will also begin to understand how to collect relevant information from clients to be able to plan an effective session. An introduction to Anatomy & Physiology will help you to understand the structure of the body and systems and in turn, this will help you to plan your sessions effectively. You will learn how to decide what exercises to include in session and how to plan and teach an effective warm up, main session and cool down for clients.
You can choose to this all online with support from one of our tutors or you can decide to opt for our blended learning option which is as the online but also includes 2 days of practical application and gym based work as well as your practical assessment in our own high end gym.
The approximate time for completion 4 – 6 weeks
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety, and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness, and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise